Wednesday, September 18, 2013

YouTube (WFMAD Day 17)

I have a slight addiction to YouTube. (And I think we all know just how "slight" my obsessions normally are.)

I've had an account on YouTube for quite a while now, but I've never been quite so hooked on it as I am now. I made a couple videos--really really bad videos that have since been deleted--back in middle school, but I haven't created anything for the website since. Instead, my addiction lies in watching videos.

This is a fairly normal addiction, really, as I'm sure everyone at some point has gotten hooked on watching viral videos for hours on end. But it's not necessarily just watching viral videos, though. I have found several different YouTubers--Jon Paula, Kristina Horner, Rooster Teeth, to name a few--that I have been following religiously for probably about a year now. They produce awesome material that I love to watch, and as of late I have found myself refreshing my YouTube news feed constantly, hoping that they've uploaded something new for me to watch.

I just love YouTube. Like, a lot. I love the ways that new stories emerge from it; how people are constantly discovering new ways to entertain everyone. Web series like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, personal vlogs from people like Kristina Horner, video game playthroughs from gamers like Jon Paula. Every time I log on to the website and see their videos, my heart soars; I love watching these videos, even if I probably spend way too much time doing it.

I'll be honest, a part of me has always wanted to make my own videos. I've had a blast making any videos I've produced in the past--no matter how cringe-worthy they may have been. I've never tried making a vlog--video blog, for those of you not up-to-date on your internet terminology--and it looks like fun. I mean, it's basically just taking a blog and turning it into a video, right? How hard can it be?

(Well, really hard, if you're trying to film with your crazy roommate in the room. Judging from my past experiences making school projects, anyway.)

I doubt I'll ever actually take the chance and film a vlog. I've got my hands full enough as it is; do I have time to spend painstaking hours editing weekly videos?

Well, that, and I look dumb on camera. I think I'll stick to my trusty old blog.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...