Thursday, September 11, 2014

On Writing (When You Just Don't Have Time) (BEDS #11)

Writing every day is important--vital, even, to achieving progress in any sort of writing project. Even if you write just a few hundred words a day, that's a few hundred words closer to your target than you were yesterday.

But life doesn't always appreciate our writing goals. Sometimes, life even seems to resent us for it. Because sometimes, life's circumstances just won't allow us to set aside a few measly minutes to write.

And you know what? That's okay.

The last few days have been hectic, with boxes littering every spare inch of space, rushed blog posts thrown together late at night, and emotions running wild. I've been stressed, exhausted, and if I'm being completely honest, I didn't feel like I had the time OR energy to settle down and write.

And y'know what? That's okay.

We all need a break sometimes, and this was mine. Now, as I settle into my new home (let's ignore the fact that 80% of my things are still packed away in boxes), I feel like this break is coming to an end. I'm ready--eager, even--to jump back in.

Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...