Thursday, September 4, 2014

19 University Rules (BEDS #4)

As you all know, I am a certified University Drop-Out. After attending UPEI for one year, I decided that it wasn't for me, and returned back home so I could focus as much of my time and energy as possible towards writing.

Well, while I was there I observed several things. Early in the year (the first half of my first semester, to be specific), I came up with the 19 Rules of University, which I posted via Facebook. (And occasionally Twitter.)

In celebration of my sisters' first day of school (HAHA), I have decided to share them all with you!

Some of them are helpful. Most of them are not. But I hope you enjoy them, anyway!

~~


  1. Don't let your roommate go to the pet store to apply for a job. She'll end up forgetting the application and buying two fish, instead.
  2. Coffee is your friend.
  3. Don't let your roommate spend 850 dollars on a bike. Because then she'll keep it in the dorm, name it, and fantasize about going to the fair and riding the ferris wheel with it.
  4. Your professors are totally allowed to e-mail you with extra homework. Don't be fooled.
  5. If your roommate starts calling her bike her boyfriend, run. Fast.
  6. Try not to drop your pencil sharpener on the floor. It'll break and spill pencil shavings EVERYWHERE.
  7. Spending $40 on posters isn't a good idea.
  8. Bookstores = doom. Enter one, and your entire budget is gone.
  9. Walking to Dollarama in the rain isn't the best idea.
  10. Your profs CAN and WILL assign homework on the first day of school. Be prepared.
  11. Wanna annoy your roommate? Play Bop-It!
  12. 10/10 times, your roommate is crazy.
  13. Never listen to you roommate. Ever.
  14. Take ALL of your stuffies with you. They're not safe with your family.
  15. It's not necessary to know who you share a bathroom with in residence. Just knock before entering and everything will work out.
  16. Don't drop your phone in the toilet. This should be self-explanatory.
  17. It doesn't matter how many essays they make you write in high school; writing one for university will always be hard.
  18. University profs seem to have an obsession with Times New Roman font. Because apparently, Calibri just isn't good enough for them.
  19. Campus becomes a ghost town during Thanksgiving weekend.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...