Saturday, September 3, 2016

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF YEAR (BEDS 003)

YES, SIR, FRIENDS, YOU HEARD RIGHT! There are now only ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

I do this every year. Y'all already know this. The second my birthday passes, I whip old the 'ol Santa hat and start blasting those Christmas carols nonstop through to December 25th. (Except not really, because I think my roommates would probably kick me out, and I rather like having a roof over my head.)

What is it about Christmas that motivates me to drive everyone around me insane? It's the jingle bells, the jolly tunes, the cool crisp air that comes as the season draws closer. It's the first blanket of snow on a quiet morning, the sparkle of streelights against the frozen crystals after the sun sets.  It's the way the night sky looks before snowfall--like dawn is fast approaching, when it's still several hours away. It's the satisfaction of a perfectly wrapped present, the glitter that covers my desk after writing out a hundred cards. It's the light of a Christmas tree, the warmth of hot chocolate under a heavy blanket, the fuzzy Christmas specials that air every year.

It's the excitement. It's coming upstairs on Christmas morning to my little sister perched eagerly in front of Santa's gifts. It's the mad rush of decorating sugar cookies, and inadvertently covering every square inch of the kitchen table in icing. It's the quiet peace of Christmas afternoon, when the madness is over and all that's left is the company of your loved ones. It's the joy of seeing your favourite people light up at the sight of the Perfect Gift.

Christmas is and probably always will be my favourite time of year--the day I lose my Christmas spirit is the day humanity has lost all glimmer of hope. Until then, I will continue to count down the days in my overly-eager anticipation.

And you'll stick around and enjoy it, because you don't have a choice.

Until later,

- Justyne

P.S. If you want to keep better track of my Christmas countdown, you can either follow me on Twitter, or check out my Christmas blog on Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...