Saturday, September 10, 2016

I am Very Loud (BEDS 010)

I do not know what an inside voice is. When I raise my voice, I don't even know that I'm doing it. I'm not mad or irritated, just...excited.

I mean, don't get me wrong--I do complain about things. A lot. And when I get worked up, I get really, really loud. But I also get loud when I get excited about something--when my favourite TV show comes back, for example, or when the book I just read is exceptionally devastating. When I find an interest, a cause, literally anything that holds my interest for more than two seconds...I get excited.

And when I get excited, I get...well, loud. It's a thing. It happens.

It's something about myself that I never really noticed, to be honest, until the last couple years. People started commenting on it--not negatively, per say. Just pointing it out. It's not really something I can change, either, because it's not something that I realize I'm doing. I mean, I probably could change it, if I tried hard enough. If I really wanted to.

But I don't really want to.

I get loud when I get excited, and it just so happens that I get excited a lot. I consider myself a very passionate person, and one of the ways I express my passion for something is by talking a lot about it. I discuss, I ramble, I gush, I fangirl...loudly. It's not always the most appropriate way to express myself, but...¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It is what it is.

It's funny to think about sometimes, because I used to be--and in some cases, still am--very quiet. I'll sit on the sidelines of a conversation and observe. I'll sit in the back of the class and take in the discussion without participating. I'm shy and reserved...until the topic of Disney comes up, because then I'm loud and obnoxious and probably unbearable.

I'm...complicated. But I'm cool with that.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...