Thursday, September 15, 2016

Grace VanderWaal (BEDS 015)

I don't really follow a lot of reality TV. (Unless it's, like, the Food Network or something.) I'll watch an episode or two here and there, but I definitely don't get caught up in The Bachelor like some people do.

But damn, I'm a sucker for audition clips. You know, for shows like America's Got Talent or The X Factor, where they have particpants audition live in front of an audience. I don't like watching the bad audition that everyone makes fun of, because to be honest I cringe too much to take enjoyment out of it. But what I do like watching are the good auditions--the ones that get the golden buzzer, the ones that get a standing ovation and a yes from every single judge.

I love watching these because it's like I'm watching someone's dream come true, right in front of my eyes. Because in that moment, it is. Regardless of whether or not they win, no matter how far they make it in the competition--in that moment captured on film, everything they have been wishing for is coming true. And it makes me so, so happy to see them so happy.

Last night, Grace Vanderwaal won America's Got Talent. I saw her audition back in June, and I've watched it a hundred times since. Her voice is stunning and her personality sparkles, and I don't think I've ever been happier about the results of a reality show. She deserves it, I think. When I watched the results this morning, myself--along with a million others--watched all her dreams come true.

And I'm so, so happy for her.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...