Friday, August 26, 2016

New York, New York

I have always, always, always, always, always wanted to live in New York. I am entirely aware that this is a notion spurred by movies, and television shows, and books that romanticize this idea of living in the "greatest city in the world". I'm not even sure I ever want to follow through with this desire, because there is no way it will live up to what I envision it to be

And yet, today I watched You've Got Mail for probably the hundredth time in my life, and found myself wishing once again.

I've always loved that movie. Maybe it's the books. Maybe it's the romance. Maybe it's the fact that it's always had a very cool, autumn vibe, because that's when the story starts off. Or maybe because, just like Mr. Joe Fox, I love the idea of New York in the fall.

It was fourteen degrees today, as we packed up the car and headed home after a visit in Regina. It's the coldest I've seen since spring faded into summer over three months ago, and the second time I've chosen pants over shorts in the last week. Two weeks ago I did my back-to-school clothes shopping, picking up sweaters and jeans and other clothes suitable for chilly weather. In another seven days, my birthday will be here, and school will follow shortly after.

Summer is nearing an end. Even though the temperatures are set to climb high once again in the coming week, and will very likely stay that way for a while yet, the sweet, sweet freedom of a student's summer will soon be over.

It kinda sucks, sure. I'll be sad to hide away my sundresses, of course. But I love fall, and the winter that follows. I love curling up under blankets, having a warm cup of hot chocolate to accompany a movie. I even love the fresh start a new school year brings--y'know, before the assignments and exams start. 

When fall comes, I will gladly welcome it with open arms.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...