Friday, August 12, 2016

Internet Branding

This day has been a long time coming, my friends. Since as early as 2014, I've been brainstorming and daydreaming and sketching out concepts for a new look to my social media. Every time I started plotting something out, it would get pushed to the back burner--by moving, by school, by NaNoWriMo and a million other projects that were deemed more important and more worthy of my time.

And now, finally....it's done.

It started with a logo. A little doodle of myself that I drew at the beginning of 2015, that you now find plastered all over my social media accounts. As the months turned into a year, I started sketching things every now and then--ideas for how I wanted my blog to look, how I imagined my Twitter header transforming my page. Just last month, I had an epiphany--in a sudden burst of inspiration, I suddenly knew exactly what I wanted my blog to look like.

A couple weeks ago, I launched my Facebook page. In the days since, I have uploaded previews, sneak peeks, progress shots of what I was looking for. I hesitated to set a date of when the new layout would go live, because I didn't know if I could make it.

Then I did. This would be the week. Friday would be the day. So I put it out there, made the promise. And now, here we are. This project has fuelled me the last few weeks--I've stayed up late, I've shoved everything else to the side. I tweaked and pulled and shifted and changed the opacity about a hundred million times.

Now look...look at how pretty it is!

This blog has been long overdue for a major redecorating. The initial layout was one I smashed together quickly--I snapped a picture of some notebooks, through some text and a quick overlay, and off I went. It was fine at the time, and it worked for quite a while, but I'm so, so happy to be moving on and displaying something new.

I'm not just satisfied of this, I'm darn right proud. (Although don't be surprised if you catch small, additional changes in the coming weeks, because I'm still experimenting and trying things out. The fact that I had this much ready at all is a miracle, if you ask me.) I always find it hard to design something uniquely me, because there's so many different things that I want to display that it's often hard to narrow my focus to just one aspect. But this feels right. This blog feels like me.

So click around, explore a bit. I'm so happy to finally be able to show you the finished product, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working away at it!


Until later,

- Justyne

1 comment:

  1. Everyone should also know that you were working on this even when you were in Oklahoma lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...