Friday, October 17, 2014

Sorry, Folks--Halloween Just Ain't My Thing

I have mixed feelings about this October holiday. Am I the only one? Because it certainly feels that way sometimes.

Could it be because I'm too old to go trick-or-treating now? Probably not. (The candy goes on sale November 1st so TRUST ME, I'll be getting my hands on it either way.)

Could it be because I'm too lazy to dress up? Possibly. (Although I totally don't mind being able to dress up as a Disney princess. I should be allowed to do that all year long, really.)

Could it be that I'm terrified of and therefore absolutely hate all things creepy and scary? Absolutely yes 100000%.

I'm the kind of person who just outright refuses to watch scary movies. If you're watching something at all related to horror, I am out the door. If someone were to take me to see a scary movie on a date, said date would be over so fast that they wouldn't even recognize me on the street a week later. Scary movies give me nightmares, and let me tell you, I am not too fond of nightmares.

I much prefer Christmas. Christmas is joyous and magical and filled with love and wonder and there isn't anything scary about it at all. (Except for maybe the credit card bills after gift shopping...yeesh.) If I could skip right over Halloween and go straight to Christmas, trust me, I would.

Oh, who am I kidding. I basically do that, anyway. (68 days until Christmas!)


Which do you prefer: Halloween or Christmas?

Until later,

- Justyne

1 comment:

  1. Halloween because it's cheeper. XD I don't like scary movies either, but I enjoy all the neat costumes and decorations! <3 I almost always make a boyfriend out of a halloween decoration at the Spirit of Halloween store every year. My long time boyfriend is a severed vampire head named Roy, who sits in my closet all year round. He's the perfect boyfriend. He keeps the undesirables away and never bothers me~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...