Friday, October 24, 2014

Even More Books

Although my love of reading has existed since the early 2000's, book releases have always been something I was completely oblivious to. With the exception of a few choice books, release dates were not among my area of expertise. The closest I got to anticipating specific releases was checking the library database every two weeks or so, to see if they had what I was looking for.

The other day, though, I realized that I actually live for book releases. (And, y'know, weekly television. But I digress.) Starting from the summer, I can list five books off the top of my head that I was excited for, and that have since been released.

After My True Love Gave to Me came out last week (an anthology of Christmas-themed love stories...CHRISTMAS. THEMED. LOVE. STORIES. It's like this magical book was crafted just for me), I thought I was done anticipating new books. I thought all the ones I was excited for had already come out.

I was wrong.

Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins - April 7th 2015

I had high expectations for Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I had heard absolutely nothing but good things about it, and let me tell you...I wasn't disappointed. The book was everything I've ever hoped for AND MORE. You can't even blame me for being excited for the next installment in this new YA series, because it is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY WARRANTED.

SO EXCITED.

City Love by Susane Colasanti - April 21st 2015

I've enjoyed a handful of Susane Colasanti books in the past; Something Like Fate and So Much Closer especially come to mind. So to discover, one day, that she is releasing a new series, about LOVE in NEW YORK CITY....

SO EXCITED.

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen - May 5th 2015

Sarah Dessen is probably my all-time favourite author. I've read all (or almost all) of her books at least once, sometimes more, and I adore all of them. So you can imagine my excitement when she announced her 12th book at the beginning of the month.

SO EXCITED.

Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer - May 19th 2015

Last year I read Between the Lines, the first book written by this mother-daughter duo, and it easily became one of my top books of the year. I adored it. And then, one magical fall day, I logged on to the internet to discover that they were coming out with a sequel. A SEQUEL.

SO EXCITED.

Storm by Amanda Sun - June (?) 2015

I read Ink, the first book in this trilogy, at the beginning of 2014.  Although it kept my attention, I wasn't really into it, and thought that I wouldn't be continuing on with the series.

Later that summer, when the second book, Rain, came out, I bought it on impulse. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one...so now I can't HELP but be excited for the finale.

SOO EXCITED.


What book releases are you most excited for?

Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...