Friday, July 18, 2014

More Books

Because you can never talk about books too much.

I got a Goodreads account a few months ago, finally, despite the fact that I was extremely reluctant to do so. (I was ticked off with it constantly trying to log me in when I didn't even have an account, thus making me unable to read anything on the website without being signed in. Despite the fact that making an account ages ago would have solved this problem, the fact that it was bothering me made me stubborn. I DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE IN.)

I have to admit, I really, really like the website. I like keeping a record about everything I've read, I like updating a status about what I'm reading, I love rating it and writing reviews...

I find it funny, actually, how much I enjoy writing reviews for the things I read. Even the things I didn't enjoy as much as others, I really enjoyed writing and talking about them. It's a little weird, considering how little I enjoyed English class. I've been trying to figure out, lately, why that is.

Whenever I was in English class, no matter what we read, I never had any real interest in it. Pretty much anything I said in any essay wasn't a result of me looking at it critically, or giving my true thoughts about it. It was always about me trying to say things that seemed smart, or things that my teacher would give me good marks for. Maybe the reason I enjoy it so much now is because I'm not being forced to think too deeply about everything, or being rushed to finish it by a deadline. I move at my own pace, talk about the things that I picked up on, and that's that.

Either way, I'm certainly enjoying it now.

I've written several reviews over on Goodreads, if you wanted to go check them out! I'm thinking of making book reviews a regular thing I do elsewhere, be it on this blog or a different blog or something else entirely. I'll keep you posted on where I go with that (if I go anywhere with that).


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...