Friday, February 28, 2014

One Year

Tomorrow will mark one year since I started blogging. 52 weeks since I dusted off the blog I created back in high school, 365 days since I quit overthinking everything and just wrote. So much stuff has happened this year, I don't even know where to start.

I embraced my limited knowledge of blogging, choosing to just dive right into it instead of worrying about what I was doing wrong.

I reverted to a 9-year-old mentality, abandoning the conventionally "smart" option of a back-up plan and making writing my first priority, as it should have always been.


I successfully blogged every day for a month. (Something I hope to repeat this year.)

I began sharing my writing with all of you, occasionally, through this blog.

I won NaNoWriMo, for the second year in a row.

And today, I settle down and prepare to finish the first draft of a novel; the novel I spent the past two Novembers working furiously on, and the first novel draft I will have completed since the 8th grade.


I've learned a lot, this past year. A lot about myself, about my writing, about the world around me. This blog helped me more than I ever thought it would, helped me figure out things that I needed to figure out.

I'd like to thank you, all of you, for reading through my jumbled thoughts over the last 12 months. I appreciate it, really I do.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...