Friday, November 8, 2013

Falling Behind (NaNoWriMo, Week 2)

So. Week 1 has ended, and it seems that I have fallen behind already.

To be honest, though, I was kind of expecting that.

This is my 3rd year participating in NaNoWriMo, and I have yet to last past the first day without already falling a bit behind in my word count. Does that suck a little? Yes. Is it an accurate display of my procrastination habits? You bet it is.

But the month is still young, my friends. It's far too early to call it quits now.

The thing with falling behind in November is that it's really not that big of a deal. 8 days may have passed, but that still means that there are 22 days that you have to complete your 50k. It's not over until the West Coast says it is!

The most important thing to remember, through all of this, is that the true reason for NaNoWriMo is to write. Whether to get 50 words or 50,000 by November 30th, you will have succeeded. Because you won't succeed if you don't even try.

Wow that was super cheesy and cliched and I'm sorry. No time to dwell on that now--I have a bit of catching up to do.


Until later,

-  Justyne



P.S. I added a little word count badge on the right hand side of the page. It shows my current word count and the percentage of completion I have achieved. So if you're ever wondering how I'm doing, just check back here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...