Friday, September 15, 2017

Pet Peeves (BEDS 415)

OKAY GUYS LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF.

1. Books whose covers have little / nothing to do with the actual content itself. 

I mean just...why? Why you gotta have some random chick on the cover? What does this bracelet even mean? WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

Additonally...

2. Books with random girls / guys / faces in general on the cover.

Do these people get recognized? Like, on the street? Like, "Oh, hey, weren't you the girl on the cover of The Selection?" This is something I wonder about daily.

But actually, it kinda weirds me out.

3. People who crap on other people for their interests.

JUST LIKE?? DON'T??? Like you're welcome to disagree with me, that's chill, that's whatever. But if you're not even watching / experiencing / taking part in whatever it is that I'm currenlty obsessed with...you don't have to crap all over it. I mean, really. You're not even discussing the actual content, you're just taking it at face value and throwing it in the trash, along with all my respect for you.

4. Grocery store patrons who DON'T. PUT. THE. DIVIDER. BETWEEN. THEIR. GROCERIES.

I don't care how obvious you think the separation between your order and the next is. As a cashier, I also don't care who puts the divider down--but for the love of God, those plastic sticks exist for a reason.

(I could probably write a novel detailing all of the grocery store / retail scenarios that anger me, if I'm being honest...)

5. People who crowd the gate at an airport before their zone has been called.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. This does not speed up the process. It will not get you to your destination faster. Last time I was in Orlando, people were crowding the gate so bad that people exiting other planes couldn't get to freaking baggage claim because of the utter mob that was lingering outside the gate--and boarding hadn't even started yet.

An airplane is not rushed seating, guys. I promise, you'll get the same seat either way. All you're doing is likely causing the airport staff a hell of a lot of unnecessary stress.



There are almost definitely more things that tick me off, but we'll just leave it there for now.

Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...