Thursday, September 14, 2017

Okay But Where Did I Actually Go All Summer (BEDS 414)

So I think we can all figure out why I stopped blogging last year. School is stressful (meaning: torture), it got the best of me (meaning: chewed me up and spit me right into the trash can), et cetera. University ain't easy, folks. It happens.

But then summer hit. I finished my last exam, slept for 11 hours, and I was free! But I still didn't post anything.

Is this not what the summer is for? To use your sudden freedom to do all of the things you didn't have time for during the other three seasons? Shouldn't all of my free time been dedicated solely to my craft?

Well...no. Not this time. Because I have better, and more exciting things to do. And, as I returned to the blog this month, I realized that I never recorded (meaning: bragged about) what those things were here on the blog. So...here we go. Mental drumroll, please.

I worked....in Disney World.

Once again, for the people in the back: I worked in mother freaking Disney World.

It was an absolutely incredible summer (albeit spent working in an ugly costume), and between my shifts and my days off spent in the park, blogging kind of fell to the wayside. I still wrote, of course, both in my journal and otherwise. But I never quite gained the momentum or motivation to get this dusty old thing up and running again.

But now, we're back at it again--if only to provide me a distraction from the new university term. Will it last?

Well, we can only hope.


Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...