Monday, May 16, 2016

Micro Fiction Monday: Eye Contact

Brown eyes.

Green eyes.

I never thought about how beautiful brown eyes could be.

I always thought green eyes were overrated.

But somehow, it was the first thing I noticed about her.

On him, though....I didn’t mind.

Her hair was purple and bright, it’s a wonder why I didn’t notice it first.

His hair was a natural, unassuming brown. Not a speck of dye to be found; not a frizzy, damaged mess like mine.

She was beautiful.

He was gorgeous.

I lost her in the crowd a moment later.

The room was packed, the air sticky with sweat and beer.

I pushed my way through other party goers, looking for a glimpse of her bright hair.

He blended in really well. I lost him as quickly as I saw him.

She was surprisingly easy to lose track of.

I kept my eyes open for the rest of the night. I stayed way longer than I meant to.

I asked the host of the party if he knew her. He didn’t.

I didn’t know anyone. Eventually, I left.

I gave up the search and pushed my way outside.

I stopped the cab when he came outside.

A flash of purple, glimmering in the streetlights.

Found you.

    
Found her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...