Friday, July 26, 2013

Refreshments

There's something about a simple vacation that motivates you to get stuff done.

Yesterday, I returned home from a 4-day camping trip with a small group of friends. I had an absolute blast--even if I left covered in mosquito bites. And after spending that time swimming, reading, and taking over the world (i.e. playing Risk), I feel more ready now than ever to buckle down and start writing.

It's surprising how much such a simple and quick little trip can just reset everything--refresh my mind and get me back to work. It's one thing to spend four days procrastinating, with the reminder of what I should be doing hovering over me and stressing me out. Having the knowledge that I don't have to write, that I can take this time to relax and spend time with friends, makes me feel so much lighter and that much more willing to get back to work after everything's over.

So while certain aspects of my trip linger around--my countless mosquito bites, my raspy voice (a result of much talking, yelling, and goofing around in general with friends), and the scent of campfire smoke clinging to my clothes--my vacation is over.

Time to get back to work.

Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...