Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Aftermath

Sorry about the late blog post, guys. I had trouble finding something to write about. It's been pretty uneventful around here.

It's been about a week since I arrived home after my first year of university, and it's still kinda weird to actually be here. It feels like I was living in that tiny little dorm room for an eternity (even though I was only living there for two semesters), so now that I'm finally back home it just feels...surreal, I guess.

But holy crap, having my bed back is fantastic.

I haven't started working yet, nor will I start to work for another week or so. I'm hoping that I'll manage to get some writing done during this time--if I ever manage to finish cleaning my room, that is.

I don't know why, but it always seems like doing something productive--no matter how enjoyable it is--is always a million times harder to do when you actually have time set aside to do it. It almost makes me want to go back to high school just to have something to make me want to write more. (Homework is a great motivator to do anything except homework. Go figure.)

It's not the act of writing itself that turns me away from it; once I actually start, I start to enjoy myself. It's the build-up to it that turns me away. The knowledge that "Oh hey, you have to actually do something productive instead of playing Sims all day" that makes me want to turn around and...play Sims all day. (Don't judge me.)

I wish I had tips on finding motivation. Things like new Sims games and other exterior influences only work for so long. But the fact is, what most of us just need to do is sit down and do it. This fact is annoying, but true. That's all there really is to it.

This blog post is short and took me way longer to write than it really should have. But hey, I made my point.

Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...