Monday, February 29, 2016

Micro Fiction Monday: Stay Super

We conquered the world, you and I. We faced the devil together. We fought him together, and we won. We rose from the ashes, hand in hand, and faced a new world. We’re a team.

We were a team.

One moment we were supeheroes, facing the universe and all it had in store for us, head-on and without fear. We were indestructible, until all at once we weren’t.

Somewhere down the line, our hands slipped. You were no longer beside me; I couldn’t even see you anymore. I didn’t know if you were behind me or ahead of me, or if you were defeated altogether. We’re not two halves, but two wholes. And maybe that’s a good thing.

I still call your name, sometimes. Maybe you can hear me. Maybe you can’t. But I hope I find your hand again.

And if I don’t, I hope you stay super without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...