Monday, March 30, 2015

Micro Fiction Monday: Her Life

Every Monday, I post a piece of flash fiction--a story clocking in at around 300 words. Each story can also be found on my deviantART page. Enjoy!

~~

When I woke up, I was living someone else’s life. My face was the same, as was my body, as was my voice, but the life that surrounded me was as unrecognizable as that of a stranger’s. My parents would not speak as much as one word to each other, my friends didn’t give me so much as a second glance, and I found myself following a routine that I hadn’t created.

I went to sleep that night with an aching heart. I was homesick, despite the fact that I was in my own bed, surrounded by my own room in my own house. While these things belonged to me, they weren’t really mine.

~~

When I woke up, I was back in my own body. My parents had returned to their stoic silence, and my group of friends had shifted back to the social circle I had grown accustomed to over the years. But this was no longer my home.

The different aspects of my life that were once familiar now caused me pain. I missed the loving gestures and glances that I had seen between my parents while I was away, and the strangers who had called me their friend. I missed her walls, her bed, her room, her life.

She was not me, but I so badly wanted to be her.

~~

Until later,

- Justyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...