Monday, December 15, 2014

Dear Santa (Micro-Fiction Monday)

Every Monday, I post a piece of flash fiction--a story clocking in at around 300 words. Each story can also be found on my deviantART and Wattpad pages. Enjoy!

~~

Dear Santa,

My name is Emily Harris. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?

My Christmas list this year is different. There are no unicorns, pretty dolls with pretty dresses, or iPods mentioned. In fact, I don’t think any of these things can be wrapped—which is a little unorthodox, isn’t it? I hope that’s okay.

For Christmas this year, I would like:

- A gentle snowfall on the 25th of December; I want to share the beauty with everyone.
- A warm meal delivered to the man I see at the park every day; I don’t think he gets those very often
- A steady job for the woman next door; she deserves it, I think.
- And my mom. If that’s okay.

I’m nineteen now. I know that no amount of cookies or milk will bring you down my chimney on Christmas Eve. I know that no amount of letters will make a bundle of presents appear under my tree on Christmas morning.

But I want to believe that magic exists. And if it does...well, why can’t you?

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...